While visiting the college many groups like to organize days out to some of the interesting towns in Castille and beyond. Here are some of the possibilities and the approximate costs of hiring a coach to these places*:
- Madrid (Capital of Spain) City: €440-€540; El Escorial: €420-€530
- Ávila (Birthplace and hometown of St Teresa): €310-€400
- Segovia (Roman Aqueduct, Castle and Tomb of St John of the Cross): €400-€490
- Valladolid (Old Scots College and regional capital): €340-€430
- Alba de Tormes (Tomb of St Teresa): €270-€330
- La Alberca & Peña de Francia (Mountaintop monastery and traditional rural Spanish village): €340-€430
For those who wish to travel further, possibilities include beautiful Spanish towns such as Plasencia, Zamora, Burgos or León, or more significant pilgrimage sites (and further away) such as Santiago de Compostela or Fatima (for which overnight stays would be recommended).
*Prices quoted are those of Autocares Cosme, a Salamanca-based and reliable coach company whom the College has used frequently over the years. They are correct as of January 2019 but may vary from time to time. Prices quoted are for a small 20-seater or large 55-seater coach respectively. Intermediate sizes and related prices can be made available on request.